Senior DevOps Engineer
Launchpad is a team of experienced developers and designers who are passionate about creating high-quality, custom software solutions for businesses of all sizes. We specialize in building mobile apps, web apps, and enterprise systems that are tailored to our clients' specific needs. With a focus on agile development and user-centered design, Launchpad helps their clients bring their ideas to life and achieve their business goals.
At Launchpad, we value innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and contribute to the growth and success of our company.
- Total experience of 5+ Years, in as Devops. Should have at least 2 year of experience in Google could and Github CI.
- Should have strong experience in Microservices/API.
- Should have strong experience in Devops tools like Gitbun CI, teamcity, Jenkins and Helm.
- Should know Application deployment and testing strategies in Google cloud platform.
- Integrate, configure, deploy and manage centrally provided common cloud services (e. g. IAM, networking, logging, Operating systems, Containers.)
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation.
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Excellent understanding of Java, Python.
- Manage configuration and secrets-Secure storage methods, rotation and configure changes.
- Knowledge on Kafka, ZooKeeper, Hazelcast, Pub/Sub is nice to have.
- Understanding of cloud networking, security such as software defined networking/firewalls, virtual networks and load balancers.
- Understanding of cloud identity and access.
- Understanding of the compute runtime and the differences between native compute, virtual and containers.
- Configuration and managing databases such as Oracle, Cloud SQL, and Cloud Spanner.
- Excellent troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies.
- Awareness of critical concepts of Agile principles
- Certification in Google professional Cloud DevOps Engineer is desirable.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Familiar with Agile Team management tools (JIRA, Confluence).
- Understand and promote Agile values: FROCC (Focus, Respect, Openness, Commitment, Courage).
- Pro-active team player.
- Comfortable working in multi-disciplinary, self-organized teams.
- Differentiators: knowledge/experience about.
- Proficiency in Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes.
- Proficiency in continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins, GitLab CI, or Travis CI.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Strong understanding of network protocols, IP addressing, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, and other networking concepts.
- Knowledge of security best practices, including encryption, authentication, and authorization.
- Attention to detail in configurations, deployments, and documentation.
- 5+ years of experience in software development and system administration
- 2+ years of direct experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with core suits of tools used within DevOps pipeline, such as Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker or equivalent.
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and managing infrastructure as a code using terraform.
- Solid scripting skills in languages such as Python, Bash, Ruby & Perl.
- An expert in Cloud and CI/CD environments
- Highly experienced in the following technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Jenkins, GIT, Terraform, UNIX and Power-shell Scripting, JIRA, etc.
- Experienced in the following GCP component/services: Compute Engine, Cloud Storage, Networking, IAM, Monitoring, Logging.
- Experienced in Security, Database, firewall rules, etc.
- Background working for a technology or software organization is required
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid work: Work from where you are comfortable!
- Half-yearly performance reviews to assist with professional progression: We want to give you the right environment to grow
- Impact users around the world with the platforms you build: Our platforms have reached hundreds of thousands of people… Your work will be seen by people throughout the world!
- Work on local time: You’ll work between 9am and 5pm!
Are you ready to make an impact? If so, get in touch, we’d love to chat! Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? We want to hear from you! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.
Learn more about Launchpad: https://www.launchpadapps.co/